An Amateur Photo Blog, Featuring Various Pictures Of The Best Dog Ever, Plus Other Stuff.
Friday, June 24, 2005
Thursday, May 19, 2005
Tuesday, May 17, 2005
My old Konica Minolta Dimage A2 still produces some razor sharp results, with a bit of post production sharpening. I wish more camera manufacturers would put wide angle lenses on their products. It's my firm belief that all non-slr cameras should have a wide angle no narrower than 28mm equiv. Wider apertures throughout the lens range is another thing I'd really like to see.
Here's a picture from my new camera, a Fuji F10. It's the first pocket digital released with ISO settings from 80 to 1600 (that I know of, and yes, I'm aware Ricoh, Casio, and Olympus released their own takes on that feature, but I'm pretty sure they came afterwards) at full resolution. Barrel distortion is almost non-existent with this new lens (.6 at full wide angle, compared to 1.2 for most pocket point and shooters) and I've been very pleased with the results in 3:2 aspect ratio mode so far. This picture was taken at ISO 80, 1/240s, f/5.0, fully zoomed at 113mm equiv. The only post production editing is some sharpening in Picasa2.
Thursday, April 14, 2005
The tour guide claimed many times, with great conviction, that the crime rate in Belize is low. Horsepuckey. If you have to bar the windows of a funeral parlor in the nice section of town, then your crime rate can only be said to be "low" if you're speaking very subjectively. Most of the buildings in Belize have the windows and doors barred, unless they're owned by someone who's rich. Then they have the windows and doors barred AND they're located in a compound topped with razor wire.
- ► May (3)
- Say what?!
- Patience wearing thin...must...not...bite...Master...
- It's tough being this cute.
- And of course, the star of the show. Bask in the ...
- Hemingway's House, a tourist attraction for some u...
- Our faithful steed, docked at Key West.
- Yet More Key West!
- More Key West!
- Key West!
- Hey, Macarena! No, I wasn't doing it, either, alt...
- The tour guide claimed many times, with great conv...
- Lizard. Belize is overrun with these things, alth...
- Temple from the front.
- Temple at Altun Ha. Supposedly, there were no hum...
- The roast beef was magnificent.
- I love this statue, but unfortunately only got a c...
- I like cheese!
- Have you ever seen so many chocolate dipped strawb...
- Chocolate Statue, Besieged by Fruit Pastries at th...
- Overview of the Midnight Buffet, a visually stunni...
- Another ice sculpture, this time taken without fla...
- Ice sculpture at the Midnight Buffet.