For various reasons, the main being that lugging a Canon 20D around is something I just won't do, I decided to go to something smaller and simpler. Behold one of the first pictures from my Nikon D40, kit lens, illuminated by 90 degree bounce flash from the incredibly tiny and capable SB-400 hot shoe flash.
Purdy, ain't it?
This is the first time I'd ever even considered taking this particular shot, and it's due to the fact that the D40, lens, and flash together weigh about the same as the 20D and 17-85 IS lens.
More to come.
An Amateur Photo Blog, Featuring Various Pictures Of The Best Dog Ever, Plus Other Stuff.
- Todays not photoshopped.
- Sweet Fancy Moses!
- Three more images and gone.
- On the other hand...
- Why you need an 18-200 VR Nikon zoom lens.
- Photos from the Panasonic TZ3K
- Why you need a hot shoe flash, outdoor edition.
- Why you need a hot shoe flash, indoor edition.
- Here's why you need a DSLR.
- Use your flash in daylight!
- Yay! The D40 arrived.
- ▼ September (11)